Days of Intellectual Property was founded in 2009. The authors of the concept are the members of the Council on Intellectual Property of the North-West Federal District (NWFD) and the Institute of International Business and Law of ITMO University (Supporting Organization of Rospatent in the Northwestern Federal District) planned the event for a wide range of participants – experts, scientists, entrepreneurs, and creative youth of St Petersburg. The project was strongly supported not only by the professional community of the city, Rospatent, and the government of St Petersburg, but also by the World Intellectual Property Organization and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe. In 2012, the event was included in the Comprehensive Program of St Petersburg for 2012-2015 "Science. Industry. Innovation."
The project has also found support in the Russian regions, and the number of participants grew with every passing year as did the number of events which in some years reached almost 40. The program included Kaliningrad, Pskov, Arkhangelsk and other cities of the Northwestern Federal District. Therefore, in 2014, in coordination with the Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent), the Council decided to extend the coverage of the region, and to change the official name of the project. Days of Intellectual Property of the Northwestern Federal District opened in 2014 as the biggest event in the field of intellectual property in the district.
The project includes international conferences, seminars, workshops, round tables, teleconferences and webinars conducted annually during the week before the 26th of April – International Day of Intellectual Property. Two competitions summarize their results and award winners in that week – all-Russian contest For Contribution to the Development of Intellectual Property and international competition School Patent, initiated by the professional community and creative youth.
The main feature of the project is that any legal entities and individuals are welcome to enter with their own activities via timely application. What we are asking is professionalism and demand!
Days of Intellectual Property consists of a business, competitive and online programs.
Business program is represented by a number of activities including: international conference, youth activities, seminars, round tables, business games, and plenary sessions.
The competition program includes the awards ceremony of the international children's contest School Patent and the All-Russian contest For Contribution to the Development of Intellectual Property.
The online program includes broadcasts on three websites: site of Days of Intellectual Property www.spb-int.ru, site of the Institute of International Business and Law of ITMO University www.imbip.com, and site of the ITMO University www.ifmo.ru.
If you are:
- an entrepreneur and you need to provide a competitive advantage for your business via commercialization and protection of the results of your intellectual activity and management of intangible assets (trademarks, trade names, commercial designations, goodwill, know-how)
- a representative of the creative profession and want to understand the issues of copyright
- an inventor and want to properly protect your scientific and technical developments
- an employee of a patent or license department of a large industrial enterprise and you require some additional knowledge
- in need of help with protection of copyright and related rights, registration of rights to intellectual property, as well as licensing agreements and assignment agreements in the field of intellectual property
- unaware of where to apply your inventions and ideas; or you just like to learn about new things
We welcome you to join us in celebration!